JobTitle AN/TPY-2 Software Development Lead Systems Engineer
Job Highlights MITRE-Huntsville is seeking a stellar engineer to join our team in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA’s) Sensors Directorate. The AN/TPY-2 Software Development Lead Systems Engineer provides technical oversight of the Prime Contractor efforts and recommendations regarding software development fielding of new capability to meet evolving requirements.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
• Capability planning and development (e.g Electronic Protection, threat discrimination)
• Technical oversight
• Lead formal technical reviews, to include development of entrance and exit criteria and review of objective evidence
• Requirements development, maintenance, and verification
• Coordination and technical interface development and maintenance with other BMDS elements (e.g. C2BMC and THAAD)
• Performance assessments against threats
• Mission Planning development
• Governance of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) and Knowledge Points (KPs)
• Risk program and BMDS Deficiency Reports oversight
• Acquisition support to include POM support, SOW development, technical evaluation, and contract negotiation support
• Fielding support (e.g. ground and flight testing, pairwise testing, Materiel Release condition resolution)
Location AL: Huntsville
• Strong Systems Engineering skills.
• Demonstrated success in leading dynamic teams.
• Understanding of ballistic missile defense system components and sub-systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Capacity to build trusted relationships
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to skillfully communicate and work effectively across organizational boundaries
• AN/TPY-2 or other BMDS radar experience
• 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering
• 5+ years’ experience leading effective teams
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 8 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 15 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Engineering
Req ID 28788BR