Huntsville, AL Embassy Suites
800 Monroe St.
Hotel – Food Preparation and Serving
Previous Experience Preferred
Regular Full Time
With 35 owned properties, comprised of more than 8,400 guest rooms and 1.7 million square feet of banquet space, our properties and brands represent some of the finest facilities in the industry and a competitive edge for John Q. Hammons Hotels and Resorts!
Mr. Hammons built properties that provide an exceptional guest experience. Our vision is to ensure we live up to Mr. Hammons standards of excellence by providing exceptional award winning facilities for each guest!
To set up all meetings, meal functions and audio visual equipment in accordance with hotel and company policies. To facilitate all customer requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Completes work assignments and follows instructions directed by supervisor or shift captain.
- Ensures all water, amenities, audio-visual and breaks are in room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting and refreshes during break.Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Organizes and cleans banquet storage, audiovisual area, linen storage shelves and the pop/beer cage.
- Displays good customer relation skills and takes initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Complete final breakdown of function, by cleaning and vacuuming meeting and banquet rooms, cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location, this includes storing reusable good, breaking down banquet tables, chairs, dance floor, AV set up, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens transport dirty linen to be cleaned,and secure goods and lock doors.
- Freshens all meeting rooms during meal breaks by replacing, changing cloths if necessary, refilling candy jars, replacing water glasses, refilling water pitchers, and removing garbage from meeting areas and break tables.
- Assists with meal service, change requests and getting banquet guest checks signed and turned in to the front office for proper posting.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain positive working relationship with others and support team to reach goals. Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
- Do the same task over and over frequently in the same way.
- Service Orientated – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
*Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to… For full info follow application link.
John Q Hammons Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans