Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Input appropriate diagnostic codes for various medical services
- Make sure the assigned codes meet all federal, legal, and insurance regulations
- Assist in monthly evaluations and management audits
- Understand and translate physician’s diagnosis and treatment plan into code using approved classification systems
- Prepare and review patient statements
- Read and understand the medical record of the patient and analyze the information to determine the patient’s condition, the cause of the condition, and how the condition was treated
- Review the code or codes selected to ensure that it covers all services that were performed for that patient.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Must have certification from accredited school in Certified Professional Coding.
Must have at least (1) year experience in medical coding.
Oncology experience preferred.