The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components\. He or She is also required to interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT support systems\. The Enterprise Architect is the senior level of Technical Architect\. The Enterprise Architect is expected to ensure that the overall architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality\. The primary role of the Enterprise Architect is to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards\.Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, experience in developing briefings and responses to GAO, OMB, and executives within the department, and coordinated and developed BEA Compliance Guidance criteria and various BEA evolution strategies\. Possesses extensive knowledge of the DoDAF, the DoD Net\-Centric and Data Strategies, the DoD Information Assurance Guidance, and the DoD Federation Strategy, and has had hands\-on experience with the Business Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Transition Plan, Service Oriented Architecture, and the Business Mission Area Federation Strategy and Roadmap\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Responsible for the development of enterprise\-wide information architecture and strategies\.
99. Creates a solution architecture template that future application design and development teams can review for a foundation on future application development efforts\.
99. Provides information system strategies to meet evolving program needs\.
99. Maintains alignment between information systems and business strategy and processes\.
99. Maintains master enterprise\-wide data dictionary\.
99. Complies with all Vectrus ASI \(ASI\) Environmental, Health, and Safety \(EHS\) and Quality Assurance \(QA\) requirements and goals\. Provides documentation to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation\.
99. Participates in the selection of staff each season, which includes ongoing evaluations throughout the season\.
99. Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing\.
99. Interacts professionally with the NSF OPP \(OPP\), military, and other agency officials\.
99. Performs other duties as required\.MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:Personal computer uses software programs, spreadsheets and databases, fax machine, and other general office equipment\.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Works in a general office environment\.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Work may require lifting up to 50lbs\. Standing, walking and prolonged sitting\.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Communications, Systems Engineering, or Information Systems\. Master’s Degree preferred\. Demonstrating expertise in designing and implementing the systems infrastructure for business solutions\)\.
8 years of information systems design and implementation, 3 years of systems engineering or related experience, including 2 years of project management experience\. Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills and demonstrated people, problem solving, and mediation skills\. Information systems design, architecture, data modeling and analysis required\. Requires extensive experience in transforming abstract concepts and requirements into usable, trainable, and repeatable business processes\.
Experience in building enterprise architecture roadmaps
Outstanding leadership skills with history of success in leading highly technical systems teams in demanding environments\.
Ability to inspire and motivate technical leaders and individual contributors
Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions \(eg VMWare, Citrix, Cloud, Virtualization\)
Ability to think big and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and industry standards
Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
Excellent verbal and written communication skills within business and technical groups
Work well under pressure
Outstanding customer service skills, listen to customer needs and desires and develop the right way forward\.
Title: Enterprise Architect
Requisition ID: ACE000500