Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC) . NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a*Maintenance Technician I (Diesel Mechanic)* for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in*Huntsville, AL*.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
- Minimum of five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
ASE Certification desirable but not required
Job: Maintenance Field US Bus
Organization: United States Bus
Title: Maintenance Technician I
Requisition ID: 171412