Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dispensing accurate prescription orders
- Ensuring that orders are appropriate
- Checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labeled
- Supervising/preparing non-sterile compounds
- Keeping a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- Liaising with doctors about prescriptions
- Answering drug information questions from physicians/extenders
- Provide education and counseling for patients on all drugs, including oral anti-cancer therapies
- Managing, supervising, and training pharmacy support staff
- Tracking inventory
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practices, as well as new drugs and their uses
- Assume duties as alternate leader when pharmacist in charge is not present.
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to supervise and train others
Must possess an appropriate undergraduate education degree and a 4-year Pharm. D. program certification from an accredited school.
Must have at least 1500 hour pharmacy internship.