Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Stick patients and administer IV chemotherapy to patients.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patient’s condition.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, and implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ response and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent bedside manner and compassionate nature.
- Must have ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work as a team player.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Alabama R.N. license required. At least (1) year nursing experience required. Oncology experience preferred.